Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy 2008! We rang n the New Year with sick kids! Noah was finally feeling better, but then Jake started throwing up! Yikes! He ended up missing two days of school, but made it back to class on Friday. Today, he is back to his normal self - playing Wii, yelling at Lydia, being a jokester, etc. He even wanted to go play in the snow. So we took the cats outside, and I took down the Christmas lights. I hate when May comes around and you can still see Christmas lights up in peoples trees or along roof lines.
The new year also brings about new goals. I really hope that I can do a better job of sticking to a budget. We have a lot of work that needs to be done around the house and yard, so we need to do a better job of saving! I also set a goal of running Grandma's Marathon again in June. I got the treadmill put back together last weekend, and ran a few times this week already. I follow a training plan that is on the GM website. It offiicially starts the training in the middle of February, but I started running this week. Last year I waited until February and it allowed me to finish, but my time was not something to brag about. I will do better this year! And aunt Deb is thinking about coming to MN to run in it too! That would be a lot of fun, and I better train harder so I can keep up with her!!!

No comments: